• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Any language experts?

What is the name of your state? CA.

I have been married for 20 plus years. I read on the message boards because of the years of marriage that my ex is entiltled to support until she remarries or pass away. Ok great!

I'm trying to put an end this legal process, it has been dragging on. After several years, the last thing on the agenda is credits or dollar reimbursements for payments that I made on community debts.

There are some dollars involved in my favor but what I want to do is use this to help me and bring closure.

Cut to the chase: I want to use this in exchange that I will not be taken back to court for more spousal support. I hope that she will consider it and accept it and I would not have to be concern about that any longer. Also, I want to have the option of going back if her income changes.

Question: How would that be or can I express it on a stipulation?

I was assulted by her and she was arrested in 1998 and when it came to family law nothing was taken under consideration, i was disappointed.

I decided not to file charges then against her because of the children seeing daddy taking mom to court. Now, I understand that I have no recourse (limitations) and I regret it. I thought that she would be cooperative and considerate in the dissolution process but she was not.

I guess in some instances, crime does pay, and it did. I felt she should have not be entitled to anything.

To think of it that she is a mother of two, what an example.

The process and my understanding of the family law court woke me up.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential