• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stock Options Expiring while Freeze is in place

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smith64

My company - Monster Worldwide (MNST) put a freeze on all stock option transactions Jul 26, 2006 without advance notice so I cannot exercise any of my options.

The problem is that I have a sizable amount of options set to expire shortly and the freeze is still in place.

I have asked my company's managers from HR, Legal, and Accounting. They have all said that they either do not know what will happen or are not telling anyone what will happen.

Does anyone know my rights under this situation? Or if the company is required to extend the expiration date because of the freeze?

Thanks!

Eric

Beth3

Only someone who is knowledgeable about your employer's specific stock option plan can answer your questions. If your employer can't or won't answer them, then your only option is to gather up whatever information you have on the plan (the plan document, company policy, etc.) and take those to someone who is qualified to review the documents and give you an expert opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">