• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ac105

10 years ago I started a job in mgmt at a friend's business. We did very well and opened up a second location. After many years of growing this company together we became 50/50 partners. Then one day he passed, he had cancer. We were devastated but we settled business before he moved on. He signed the business over to me. His brother, an attorney, processed the paper work. This attorney had a reputation for being corrupt, but considering the circumstances, I worked with him. Months passed and we did not receive our copies. Then a few more months went by and police suddenly showed to take me off my property. The attorney had doctored the paperwork and till this day claims the business as his own. The court won't take our case and it's been 2 years of struggle. I have taken on small jobs but don't want to give up on this company.

quincy

10 years ago I started a job in mgmt at a friend's business. We did very well and opened up a second location. After many years of growing this company together we became 50/50 partners. Then one day he passed, he had cancer. We were devastated but we settled business before he moved on. He signed the business over to me. His brother, an attorney, processed the paper work. This attorney had a reputation for being corrupt, but considering the circumstances, I worked with him. Months passed and we did not receive our copies. Then a few more months went by and police suddenly showed to take me off my property. The attorney had doctored the paperwork and till this day claims the business as his own. The court won't take our case and it's been 2 years of struggle. I have taken on small jobs but don't want to give up on this company.
What is the name of your state?

Who is the "we" and "our" in the bolded statements?

A court "won't take" your case? What case and for what reason won't a court hear it?

adjusterjack

I have taken on small jobs but don't want to give up on this company.
Then I suggest you hire yourself an attorney.

Going up against an attorney without one of your own is like taking a rubber knife to a gunfight. You're the one who ends up on the ground bleeding.

JessaLamb57

I'd hire an attorney as soon as possible. Were there not multiple copies of the paperwork or any shred of the originals still in existence? Did you make any copies? Any witnesses?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I'd hire an attorney as soon as possible. Were there not multiple copies of the paperwork or any shred of the originals still in existence? Did you make any copies? Any witnesses?
JessaLamb, as the OP hasn't been back since the first post, we ask that you not revive old threads. Thank you.

quincy

A lot of questions for Ac105. If Ac105 ever returns to the forum to answer them (perhaps unlikely at this point), we might be able to assist with some information and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">