• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen rental car hell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curtpoole89

florida state. I recently had a rental car stolen from me by who i thought was a friend. We had bussiness to attend to and my car need repairs. i went and rented a car under my name, no one else is registered as a driver. i came home with the car and had to grab some things from my apartment. meanwhile he came in and grabbed the key for the rental car off my counter then drove away. a week has passed. the car rental company is continually charging my card. i did get insurance for the car under my insurance company, they told me not to worry but so far they have had no input in helping me. the car is now overdrawn to the point the car rental company cannot take any more from it they are now seeking other means toward getting the money. what should i do i cannot pay my rent or and other bills i've given everyone all the information i can give.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why didn't you call the police the MOMENT your "friend" took the car? I'm willing to bet there's much more to this story...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">