• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stollen Deposit For Pool Construction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joseph Bergum

What is the name of your state?I live in Pinckney Michigan. Last April my wife & I contracted a local pool builder (Sharper Image Pools) to install a pool. We met up with the owner at the Novi Expo Center at The Pool & Spa Show. Seemed to be a great guy. We signed a contract with him to install a pool and gave him an $8,000 deposit. Then 3 weeks ago, my sister decided to get a pool from him too so she gave a deposit of $3,200. Now he has closed shop & is not returning my calls to his home. He never did a thing as far as installing a pool at our home. Nothing! I have found that his home is for sale & he owes a lot of people money. What can I do? Can we file criminal chargers? How do we try and get our money back? Can we file charges against the Novi Expo Center or the company that sponsored the show? How about charges against Blue Hawaiian Pools (the pool manufacturer) in FL. They told me this company was a great company to deal with when in fact I've heard that Sharper Image Pools had outstanding debt to them at the time. It also seems that the builder has been forging the name of his old partner who has been in CA since for the last 2 years. Any advice would help. You may email me direct @ [email protected]

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">