• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Payment on check for services rendered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I have a small irrigation company in North Texas. I performed services for a customer who paid me upon completion of the repair. She later stopped payment on the check when she asked me to come back to review the problem again, and I told her I would have to schedule her in again, which meant she would have to wait 4 days. She wanted me there that day! I did drop everything and go out there that day, and we resolved the problem. She never told me she had stopped payment on the check. Then about 2 weeks later, I got a notice from my bank stating the stop payment had been issued and they were charging my account $25.00. In the meantime, the customer had sent in a replacement check for the original amount. Can I recoup the service charge from the customer? What recourse to I have, if any?



SURE you can...but as a business owner that would be stupid!

She is now a satisfied customer, and she will tell her friends how nice you were to drop everything and come solve the problem.

This will be the best $25 you will ever spend!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential