• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop payment on check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daffynalf

What is the name of your state? massachusetts
can anyone tell me if the statute of limitations on a check still applies if a stop payment was issued on that check or does it not apply to checks that have had a stop payment issued on them.stop payment was issued because deal was cancelled (deposit on car).i am dealing with jbc &associates and this check is 7 years old anyway..thanks..

D

daffynalf

ok but wasnt sure if it was understood that this was a stopped payment on a check and when searching the forums i found a post that said the fdcpa doesnt apply to checks that had stopped payments issued on them.I got confused by this.jbc & associates now calling everyday.when told sol has expired they just reply they are going to sue...thanks for all your help ,didn t mean to be redundate,i know you are trying to help people out here and don t want to seem like a nag..once again thanks

O

Over Hg's head

Real simple send JBC a cease contact letter CRRR and when they call again tell them you will be the one who is going to sue. The check is far out of the SOL and not collectable in any case because there was no value recieved by you. JBC is well known for attempting to collect out of date checks. Also if need be file a complaint of harassment with your states AG.

D

daffynalf

thank you..i believe i now have all the info i need..the people on this site are great..your help is much appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">