• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas and my child turns 18 in a couple of weeks. She dropped out of public school and ended up getting her hs diploma from a small private/alternative school last year (early). I am self employed and mail the support checks myself to the attorney generals child support office in San Antonio. Do i need to do anything when she turns 18 other than stop sending money?



Junior Member
It doesn't refer to anything about stopping it. Only states that I pay until 18 or graduates from high school whichever occurs later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential