• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storage facility termination mn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

In mn what is the law of termination of contract for a storage facility? Does the storage facility have a certain procedure they must follow?
Does the storage facility have a termination of contract clause in the contract? You will need to read the contract you signed.

Does the storage facility have a termination of contract clause in the contract? You will need to read the contract you signed.
I paid the storage facility $997.00 on 12-18-17. This brought me current on my three units until 1-2-18. I moved all of them prior to 1-2-18 into one unit. This was my entire life belongings. They Red locked me (put their red locks on) on 1 -8-18. An additionally cut my licks off. According to the contract this red lock procedure is not done until after the 20th of the month. According to the contract I have 60 days to pay or it goes online auction. I called many times to get my balance and pay. Every time I called they said u was not in the system. My name did not show that I had a unit there.i gave them my unit number and they told me that it did not come up as rented. Even the night on call personnel could not find me. My unit was sold for $110 on Feb. 21st 2018. That is clearly not 60 days. The value of my belongings was well over $40,000.
I have been a collector for over 40 years of antiques and collectibles. I don't care so much of those items as I do my pics of 13 grandchildren and five children. I feel they were totally negligence in their procedure. What do I do now?

quincy

If the value of your goods was estimated to be $40,000, you would do well to speak to an attorney in your area for a personal review.

If you did not notify the facility of your consolidation of goods from three units to one, it is possible you were still being charged for the other two units - leading to a default in payments.

An attorney can review your contract and assess the facts that led to the auction to see if you have legal recourse.

Were your belongings insured?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">