• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NC

No separation papers filed. He moved into an apartment with his girlfriend that he had before we separated--god help HER!

I have been separated for over a yr now and can file for divorce. STbex and I had no joint accounts, no owned real estate, and we owned our own vehicles. When he left over a year ago, he took some of his clothes and his TV---left HIS son with me for 3 days before bm picked him up. I have also left the 3 children's rooms as they were--too painful to go into those black holes.

So now is time for the divorce. I have given SS all of his stuff and most of the SDs their "good" stuff--only too small clothes left for me to clean up. I just got an email from STbex and he wants everything that was in the workshop--I agree to some of the things as I have no use for all the crap he stole from his old workplace--spray guns and various other work related stuff and then his personal stuff like baseball bats, pool sticks, tackleboxes. I however need some of the other things he wants as I use them to maintain the home we lived in--btw I sold my old home to move here to give his children a bigger place to stay in with separate bedrooms. I lost out big on losing the place that I had paid for in full but still agreed 2 yrs ago to move to accomodate his family.

I have heard from him a total of 5 times in the past yr. I receive an email today telling me that he wants the items that I use to maintaine the property (which I put on my individual credit cards and paid for in full since the separation on my own) or he will not file for the divorce. I am struggling by myself and would have to borrow the monies to file on my own--spoke to my attorney who would file for me as long as everything was settled between ourselves.

So do unless he wants to put a lot of money into a divorce over about 10K in property maintaince items, should I go ahead and give him the personal stuff and just wait and see if he wants to fight for the other stuff? Can I "charge" him storage fees since he hasn't asked for anything until now 13 months later?

BTW I am not a b&)%h, just don't want to lose everything that I need---I did give him over 750K baseball cards and such that were worth a lot more money than the property maintaince items. I didn't destroy anything that is really his alone. I have kept the personal items in tip top shape (should have had a burn party a long time ago--LOL--j/k).

What is my best course of action? Thanks in advance.

LdiJ

tammy8 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NC

No separation papers filed. He moved into an apartment with his girlfriend that he had before we separated--god help HER!

I have been separated for over a yr now and can file for divorce. STbex and I had no joint accounts, no owned real estate, and we owned our own vehicles. When he left over a year ago, he took some of his clothes and his TV---left HIS son with me for 3 days before bm picked him up. I have also left the 3 children's rooms as they were--too painful to go into those black holes.

So now is time for the divorce. I have given SS all of his stuff and most of the SDs their "good" stuff--only too small clothes left for me to clean up. I just got an email from STbex and he wants everything that was in the workshop--I agree to some of the things as I have no use for all the crap he stole from his old workplace--spray guns and various other work related stuff and then his personal stuff like baseball bats, pool sticks, tackleboxes. I however need some of the other things he wants as I use them to maintain the home we lived in--btw I sold my old home to move here to give his children a bigger place to stay in with separate bedrooms. I lost out big on losing the place that I had paid for in full but still agreed 2 yrs ago to move to accomodate his family.

I have heard from him a total of 5 times in the past yr. I receive an email today telling me that he wants the items that I use to maintaine the property (which I put on my individual credit cards and paid for in full since the separation on my own) or he will not file for the divorce. I am struggling by myself and would have to borrow the monies to file on my own--spoke to my attorney who would file for me as long as everything was settled between ourselves.

So do unless he wants to put a lot of money into a divorce over about 10K in property maintaince items, should I go ahead and give him the personal stuff and just wait and see if he wants to fight for the other stuff? Can I "charge" him storage fees since he hasn't asked for anything until now 13 months later?

BTW I am not a b&)%h, just don't want to lose everything that I need---I did give him over 750K baseball cards and such that were worth a lot more money than the property maintaince items. I didn't destroy anything that is really his alone. I have kept the personal items in tip top shape (should have had a burn party a long time ago--LOL--j/k).

What is my best course of action? Thanks in advance.
Keep the home maintenance items. Store them someplace other than the workshop until he collects his "stuff"....particularly anything that you purchased after the separation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">