• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange debt on my cr?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rosita4366

What is the name of your state? New York City

I was studying my cr and see a debt reported from a ca that I have no knowledge of :confused: it say's " Compucred##*****"I know I have to dv them but which letter form :confused: should I use I have no idea what this account is there's no payment history of nothing it'd just sitting there by itself on my "equifax" not on experian or transunion

Ladynred

how can a CA be on your credit report without obtaining a judgement????
You're joking right ???

If an account goes to collections they can and WILL report it to the credit bureaus. Judgments aren't required for a CA to report, hell they'll ding your credit as soon as they get the debt in their slimey hands !

DV the collection agency - CompuCredit has been in big trouble with the FTC in the past. Then dispute the tradeline with Equifax.

Have you ever had any bad debts ?? Ever have any ID theft problems ??

Rosita4366

Ladynred yes I have had in fact I do have bad credit :( but I recognize every debt except this one it doesn't have no original creditor or anything no opening date or closing date nothing "nada" I don't understand this :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">