• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange Situation Help Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mhallgren

What is the name of your state? CT

TWO YEARS ago I sold some earrings on EBAY to a woman in Florida. She has been calling my home non stop saying the stones are not real. It has been TWO YEARS and yes, the stones are ( or possibly were real ) I provided her with the store recepit and all ! I think she has done a switch or has just lost her mind. She is threatening Court if I do not give her a full refund. If I am sued through small claims, does she have a case after all this time ? I cannot imagine how to prove they were real when I sent them other than the excellent feedback she left for me. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

CraigFL

I think they have been in her possession too long for you to worry about this. I once had a friend who bought a very expensive diamond ring for his wife -- VVSi stone. After 5 years when they took it to a jeweler to have it cleaned it came back looking a little less shiny than usual. They were disappointed and when they took it somewhere else to be recleaned, they found the stone had been switched with a lesser quality one.

mhallgren

Thanks for the advice ! I never even thought perhaps the jeweler in which she claims to have brought them may have done the switch ! No matter what the scenerio, she is a loon and I know this is far from over. I am hoping to get more replies and perhaps some legal angles as I have no intention of returnung money to her in any way.

Happy Trails

It has been TWO YEARS and yes, the stones are ( or possibly were real ) I provided her with the store recepit and all !
How did you advertise the stones?

You seem unclear as to whether or not they were real.

erinspice

How did you advertise the stones?

You seem unclear as to whether or not they were real.
I think she means it is unclear whether or not they are real now. She knows they were real when she sent them, but doesn't know if they have been switched out since then.

mhallgren

Erin, Thanks for the clarification ... YES THEY WERE REAL WHEN THEY LEFT MY HOME, NOW TWO YEARS LATER .... IT IS ANYONE'S GUESS ... UGH .. THIS LADY IS THE LOON OF ALL LOONS:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">