• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strangers tried to take my inheritance from my dads will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlwall

What is the name of your state? Idaho.

The personal representative has used significant funds from my dads estate, and I have won the case. Can I make a claim or sue them to get that money back? Thank you for your help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The personal representative has used significant funds from my dads estate, and I have won the case. Can I make a claim or sue them to get that money back? Thank you for your help.
I don't understand. If you "won the case", then you've already sued. Now you need to proceed with collection efforts.

Just Blue

"Used" for what? What "case"?

rlwall

I do not know yet, but they were just looking for an opportunity to prey on my dad and didnt think I was in the picture. I think they used funds from his bank account, and all of the items from his home are mysteriously "gone". I am in Arizona and his residence is in Idaho, so its hard to travel. Thank you for not being rude like the prior person, so many people judge when they dont know.

Just Blue

I do not know yet, but they were just looking for an opportunity to prey on my dad and didnt think I was in the picture. I think they used funds from his bank account, and all of the items from his home are mysteriously "gone". I am in Arizona and his residence is in Idaho, so its hard to travel. Thank you for not being rude like the prior person, so many people judge when they dont know.
Why do you think either Zigner or I were rude (I'm not sure who you are referring to in your ^ post due to the way you worded it)? You're opening post wasn't clear and both of us asked question to clarify. That is not rude.

What type of "case" did you win?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who was rude?
Who judged?
Was a post reported & deleted?

bcr229

What type of case did you win?

Who are "they"? Were there more people involved than just the personal representative?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh, well... Since OP is looking for "rude"... I'm both a caregiver (just Mom, now) and a child of a parent recently passed. My sibling is the executor of Dad's will. Do you, OP, know how expensive it is to settle one's affairs? Even w/o going through probate? I would have thought it was simple enough - it all goes to Mom - but no, it isn't. Transferring IRAs, settling insurance issues, etc. - we've eaten through ~$10k, not including the funeral, in legal fees. And yeah - I've been there every step of the way, so I know bro's not effin' me over.

And even if he was? It wouldn't matter to me. Because none of the "stuff" could bring my Dad back.

So, yeah, rwall - I judge you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">