• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

street right-of-way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Michigan - a gravel street in our village passes between two platted sections of land with houses on those street fronts. The placement of the 66' street r.o.w. is 22'E. and 44'W. of a county corner section line. This works for the the plat to the east. However, a surveyor working from the west to the east in the adjacent section platted things so that the r.o.w. is encroached upon by about 11'. Do the property owners lose out to the r.o.w.? What happens when adjacent sections overlap or encroach on roads that divide counties? How is it resolved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential