• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strip Searches at Airports - What's the Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Terumi

Although I'm as law-abiding as they come, I seem to be a favorite with airline security personnel. My carry-on bag is often searched (quite politely) and I am sent on my way. I'm afraid that one day, I'll be asked to comply with a much more intrusive search and I won't have any idea what my rights are. So, what ARE my rights when re-entering the U.S. from abroad with regard to strip searches? What are my rights regarding domestic (U.S. travel) for that matter? What about upon arrival in a foreign country? Can I simply refuse to let them search anything except my luggage and must they relese me within a certain period of time? I used to travel abroad quite a bit and will probably increase my travel abroad in the near future. I want to be prepared and feel confident in refusing to be strip searched if I'm ever in that situation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terumi:
Although I'm as law-abiding as they come, I seem to be a favorite with airline security personnel. My carry-on bag is often searched (quite politely) and I am sent on my way. I'm afraid that one day, I'll be asked to comply with a much more intrusive search and I won't have any idea what my rights are. So, what ARE my rights when re-entering the U.S. from abroad with regard to strip searches? What are my rights regarding domestic (U.S. travel) for that matter? What about upon arrival in a foreign country? Can I simply refuse to let them search anything except my luggage and must they relese me within a certain period of time? I used to travel abroad quite a bit and will probably increase my travel abroad in the near future. I want to be prepared and feel confident in refusing to be strip searched if I'm ever in that situation. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Try reviewing this site:
http://www.aele.org/search1.html

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

M

mesmerized

I really am. Would be a challange to be in your co IAAL.

A

asdf

It's a catch 22, where they can do anything to you which you can't stop them from doing.
(Read the book, most people mistake the meaning of "catch 22")
Cheers,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">