• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

strong arm robbery and assault with a deadly weapon question??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaceymae

What is the name of your state? California

i just have a question. my boyfriend is in jail for strong arm robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and gbi likely, he has his second court hearing tomorrow do you think they will let him out to await the trial or do you feel they will keep him in jail?

kaceymae

do you think its most likely that they will keep him? i cant make it to his court date tomorrow due to conflicting schedules. and its killing me to not know whats gonna happen.

kaceymae

no his bail is set pretty high at this point... i think the guy that pressed charges on him, is not going to fallow threw tho but that wont matter till he goes to trial right?

quincy

What is the name of your state? California

i just have a question. my boyfriend is in jail for strong arm robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and gbi likely, he has his second court hearing tomorrow do you think they will let him out to await the trial or do you feel they will keep him in jail?
Here is the 2018 felony bail schedule for Orange County. The bail may differ slightly in your boyfriend's county.

https://www.occourts.org/directory/criminal/felonybailsched.pdf

Depending on the specific facts that led to your boyfriend's charges, he might not be eligible for bail and will, instead, have to stay in jail.

His attorney can advise him.

Edit to add: I see that bail has already been set. The victim does not "press charges." The charges are pursued by the prosecutor for the State.

kaceymae

so pretty much even the dude that says he did that is not going to do anything hes still in trouble cuz the DA will pick it up and take it from their? will they go lighter on him since he has not been in much trouble?

kaceymae

Much? That's a good one.

The bottom line is that no one here can predict what will happen in this case - we don't read minds. Your "bf" needs an attorney. Period.
yeah i get that and he has one.... not a very good one but it is what it is... i was just trying to get a little piece of mind cuz like i said i cant be at the court hearing in the morning... and not knowing anything makes for a hard night of sleep, we have 2 girls and it worries me to think of what might happen. i understand he should not have gotten in this mess in the first place but now that he is i was just trying to get a clue on what might happen......

quincy

maybe, but i still like other peoples input and thank you for yours.
Well ... what follows is unlikely to bring you peace of mind or help you sleep better tonight.

Your boyfriend was charged with felonies, which is always bad news.

Your boyfriend is subject on conviction to up to 15 years in prison on the strong arm robbery charge alone - although his attorney will be working to get the charges against him reduced.

I think you can probably count on your boyfriend spending significant time in jail - but it is possible that the State's case against him is a weak one.

FlyingRon

CALIFORNIA GUYS! There's no cash bail anymore. The legislature put the bail bonds industry out of business a few months ago.
He'll get out unless he's got a history of not appearing.

CdwJava

The bail system changes drastically in October of 2019. For the moment, we require bail. But, depending on the specific sections charged, he may not have to make bail if he waits another year before re-offending in such a grand manner.

FlyingRon

The bail system changes drastically in October of 2019. For the moment, we require bail. But, depending on the specific sections charged, he may not have to make bail if he waits another year before re-offending in such a grand manner.
Oops, October 2019. I was a year off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">