• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Struck in the right rear while exiting a turn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BabbaYagga

I was making a left turn at a green light. I made the turn and crossed over three lanes. Upon exiting the turn and passing all the way through the last lane i was struck in the right rear quarter panel. The other driver did not use the brakes as there were no tire marks on the ground at the point of impact. It would appear that the driver would have had plenty of time to see me turn since i crossed over three total lanes. I would like to know if i can get the ticket reduced or dropped because of this fact.

Both insurance companies are claiming no fault for the accident. I would really like to get the vehicle repaired but if i can only do something about the ticket i will settle for that.

justalayman

You were required to yield right of way to oncoming traffic. You didn’t. That makes it your fault.

I don’t see anything to give reason the ticket is improper.

What state is this in?

PayrollHRGuy

It was certainly your fault because the car you turned in front of have no duty to yield. And the lack of tire marks means nothing with anti-lock brakes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">