• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stuck with the bill?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keg217

What is the name of your state? I live in nj and my husband's sister died in april. Her daughter is the beneficiary of her only insurance policy issued through her mom"s work. The daughter had no money at the time to bury her mother, so we said we would pay for the funeral and when she gets the insurance money, she would pay us back. She also said that when she filled out the benficiary papers, she had to sign a form stating that part of the money would pay for the funeral. It has been 6 months and no money. She lives in Arkansas. We have tried repeatedly to call her, but she refuses to answer our calls. The workplace of my husband's sister wont talk to us since we are not the beneficiary. They say to talk to the daughter. We can't even find out what company the policy was issued through. Where do we go from here? All we want is the funeral paid for.

Dandy Don

Is there an estate being probated? If so, then perhaps the executor can get the information from the employer.

Sue her in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">