• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student finance may not pay be able to give money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BethKB

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

I am a student in the UK & eligible for student maintenance. I was due to receive an instalment of the loan last week, however, I never received it. I confirmed with Student Finance multiple times that my bank details were correct. I have been in contact with Student finance who claim it was paid, and consequently said they would try to trace the payment. They said if the payment was not found through the trace, they would not replace it. They said this was unlikely however I am concerned, as I imagine they will still expect me to pay the money back. I am very worried as I also rely on this money for rent.

Is there any legal action I can take if this does happen?

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

I am a student in the UK & eligible for student maintenance. I was due to receive an instalment of the loan last week, however, I never received it. I confirmed with Student Finance multiple times that my bank details were correct. I have been in contact with Student finance who claim it was paid, and consequently said they would try to trace the payment. They said if the payment was not found through the trace, they would not replace it. They said this was unlikely however I am concerned, as I imagine they will still expect me to pay the money back. I am very worried as I also rely on this money for rent.

Is there any legal action I can take if this does happen?

Thanks
This site is for United States' law, and we cannot help you with UK law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">