• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stuff in yard and garage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreamlife

I have a tenant that has all his stuff placed in the backyard taking up the yard, keep in mind this is a house with 3 flats with different tenants so the backyard is for everyone. Also he is doing his business from home, so he has all his stuff placed in the garage, but in the lease it says this "The Garage is for parking only not for storage", we did ask him to remove it one time, but he didn't.

Can he do this? If not, what can I do about it?

Also he is Month to Month.

By the way I am in San Francisco.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

when you asked him to move the things and to comply with the parking only was it done in writting? sent with method of delivery confirm ? Sounds like you should do new notices to all 3 tenants after you take pictures of the things in the yard . Did you carefully review your states LL/T laws to determine if how much notice you can give this person to just move out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">