• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stumped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NDANAVY

What is the name of your state? NY

My grandfather died about a year and a half ago-his estate and assets were divided accordingly, however, all of his children except my dad have been given their fair share of the inheridence,my dad has yet to see or receive a copy of the will, my aunt his older sister (my dad is the oldest son) has been controlling my dads inheridence since my grandfathers death. She has refused to provide my dad with a copy of the will and has refused to inform my dad of what if any monies are in a supposed money market account, (another form of documentation that she refuses to provide him with). What if any are my dads options? and what can he do to get control of his money?
Is my aunt in default? is she breaking any laws?

your response is greatly appreciated

BelizeBreeze

NDANAVY said:
What is the name of your state? NY

My grandfather died about a year and a half ago-his estate and assets were divided accordingly, however, all of his children except my dad have been given their fair share of the inheridence,my dad has yet to see or receive a copy of the will, my aunt his older sister (my dad is the oldest son) has been controlling my dads inheridence since my grandfathers death. She has refused to provide my dad with a copy of the will and has refused to inform my dad of what if any monies are in a supposed money market account, (another form of documentation that she refuses to provide him with). What if any are my dads options? and what can he do to get control of his money?
Is my aunt in default? is she breaking any laws?

your response is greatly appreciated
Tell your dad to go to the courthouse in the county where gramps died and get a copy of the probate file. The will is there.

Then he can decide what to do. There is no way anyone here can tell you without seeing the will.

BelizeBreeze

OMG!!!
I didn't notice until I came back to see the responses.

AND THEN, to punctuate the absurd, this post was just above "Rear Ended".....

I LOVE LIFE'S LITTLE JOKES :D

JETX

NDANAVY said:
Fyi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'am Female - My Daughter Is Ndanavy -
Why in the hell did you name her that???
And why in the hell are you using HER name??
Come on.... there is far more to this than you are telling. Who are YOU??
:D

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
Why in the hell did you name her that???
And why in the hell are you using HER name??
Come on.... there is far more to this than you are telling. Who are YOU??
:D
The seventh beatle???

JETX

I have heard some really, REALLY weird names that parents have saddled their offspring with.... from Shanikatrya to Kantalive to Excema.

From a website:
[Case, 1917]
A young woman in Central Park overheard an old negress call to a pickaninny: "Come heah, Exy, Exy!"

"Excuse me, but that's a ***** name for a baby, aunty?"

"Dat ain't her full name," explained the old woman with pride; "dat's jes' de pet name I calls for short. Dat child got a mighty grand name. Her ma picked it out in a medicine book — yessum, de child's full name is Eczema."

[Pezzi, 1998]
Betty had just given birth to a daughter, and she was discussing the choice of a name with her roommate, who was equally clueless. Mulling over the possibilities, Betty considered a word that she'd recently heard on the obstetric ward. "Vagina, that be a nice name . . . hmm, I think I'll call her 'Vagina.'" Admittedly a euphonious word, the two women agreed that "Vagina" would indeed be a nice name for a girl.

When the time came to relay the name choice to one of the hospital's personnel, the shocked worker exclaimed, "Uh, you can't name her 'Vagina'!" To which the Mom replied, "I be her mother, and I can name her whatever I wants to!" This prompted the worker to explain just what a vagina was, but the Mom was skeptical. "That ain't a vagina — it's a cootchie!"

[Collected via e-mail, 2004]
This young woman brought her child into Children's Hospital for a routine check-up. On the records, the nurse saw that the child's first name was Urine (pronounced Urin-ie). Not wanting to be rude, but wanting to know why this woman would name her child this, the nurse asked her how Urine got her name.

The woman explained, "Well, my baby was born premature and had to stay in the special nursery. She was real sick and they didn't know if she would make it. I couldn't decide what to name her, but the nurses said they would pray for her. One day I came in and the nurses had already named her. There was this paper on her incubator that said 'Please save Urine', so I knew that they had named my baby."

Source: http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.htm

But I ain't never heard of anyone naming their child "Ndanavy"!!! :D

BelizeBreeze

Believe it or not, when I was living in Germany and my ex was pregnant with both daughters, we were given a book with 'approved' names.

I can't tell you the crap I went through because I told the court it's none of their business if I put a final 'e' on christine or not.

Damn Krauts!!!

Dandy Don

Is aunt also the executor of the estate? If the details about the money market account are not listed in the probate file then he needs to be getting more specific information about that from her, namely the name of the company that has the account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">