• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sub-contractor: my boss lets me go before the official end date of what contract said

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

porcolee

New York, NY

Hey there,

I worked for my boss as an Intern in May. In summer, she asked me to work for her for six months, so we signed a contract in September. My boss made the contract, and she wrote down I'd work for her from Sep 2010 until Jan 2011, total five months. And she also wrote down how many hours I'd work for her per week, and how much she'd pay me per week. But she informed me two days ago, saying she would end my job on December 24th because the job finished ahead of her schedule. According to the contract, I suppose to finish my job at the end of Jan, and I plan to start another job in Feb. But now,my boss wants to end my job one month earlier, and I can't get anything in Jan.

I asked her if we could just follow what the contract said, but apparently she doesn't want to pay me anymore cos she told me she would have her two un-paid interns to finish the rest of her job. I am a foreigner in this country, so I don't really know any laws about sub-contractor. I know sub-contractors don't have many right, but can I have right to ask her to pay my Jan salary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">