• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subcontracting Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hello,

I'm not too familiar with state subcontracting laws. Are there any states that don't allow subcontracting without a written consent of both parties? Which states are the most lenient when it comes to subcontracting? Thank you!

quincy

Hello,

I'm not too familiar with state subcontracting laws. Are there any states that don't allow subcontracting without a written consent of both parties? Which states are the most lenient when it comes to subcontracting? Thank you!
What is the name of your state?

What is your specific legal concern?

I'm currently in California, but from what I've been told, I can legally apply to become an LLC in a different state if I'm selling goods or services online. I wanted the freedom of being able to subcontract the work if necessary, so I was hoping to apply in the most lenient state.

quincy

I'm currently in California, but from what I've been told, I can legally apply to become an LLC in a different state if I'm selling goods or services online. I wanted the freedom of being able to subcontract the work if necessary, so I was hoping to apply in the most lenient state.
Thank you for answering my questions.

What do you mean by "subcontracting without a written consent of both parties?"

You can create online contracts that are legally binding.

For example,

If mid-way into a project, I realize I won't be able to complete it myself. Is it legal for me to outsource the work to complete the project on time?

quincy

For example,

If mid-way into a project, I realize I won't be able to complete it myself. Is it legal for me to outsource the work to complete the project on time?
Usually yes. It can depend on what sort of service you offer and on the contract you have with your client.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">