• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? I live in California and my ex wife and I are acting as our own attorney's for an upcoming child custody/ support hearing.We have 50/50 custody. I want to subpoena the apartment complex that she lives in for a copy of her lease agreement. My ex continues to lie that she lives at a different residence even though both our children have been to "moms new apartment". She keeps stating in court that she lives with her brother at a different residence and pays $2,000 a month rent. Yet I called the apartment complex where she actually lives and was told that the highest rent they have is $1,200. We have a mutual drop off and pick up so I never have to drive the kids to her residence and the apartment complex she lives in is well over 50 miles away (she also moved out of the county without notifying me). Can I have the court subpoena her lease agreement so that it can be used as evidence in our hearing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">