• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue Greyhound Bus Lines in Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you saying mark can't sue Greyhound - or just that a suit against Greyhound will not be successful?
The OP wants to know about suing in the local (to him) small claims court. The OP will need to sue in Dallas. I don't believe the OP will be successful.

https://www.greyhound.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/

Forum Selection

These Terms and the relationship between you and Greyhound shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to any conflict of law provisions. You agree to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Dallas, Texas. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State and Federal courts in Dallas, Texas in all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms, our sites and site information.

quincy

The OP wants to know about suing in the local (to him) small claims court. The OP will need to sue in Dallas. I don't believe the OP will be successful.

https://www.greyhound.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/

Forum Selection

These Terms and the relationship between you and Greyhound shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to any conflict of law provisions. You agree to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Dallas, Texas. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State and Federal courts in Dallas, Texas in all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms, our sites and site information.
Ahh. I see now where he asked about suing in Austin. I agree he will need to travel to Dallas to sue (and his travel costs to Dallas will not be refunded :)).

I agree his success with a suit is unlikely, based on what he described.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">