• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eahern

I would like to know if I can sue my landlord for not responded to many complaints against my nieghbors, in other words if the landlord does not give them notice to quit due to the problems they are committing, can I sue them for not taking the responsibiltiy to correct this. thank you

L

LL

Maybe you can sue the landlord to enforce some responsibility on his part to provide you with a suitable place to live. But:

This involves proving that the neighbors are really doing something wrong, that it is within the L's power to do something about it, that you gave appropriate notice to L, that you had perfectly clean hands in whats going on, ...

Its probably not worth it to you. You would need an attorney to do this, that would cost you money, ...

Your best move is just that: to move. Find a place with better neighbors, and check them out before moving.

E

eahern

thank you for answering, by the way I have lots of proof of the complaints , my formal letter to them as well as many police logs on the nieghbors because her juvenile sons are causing damage to our property and way too noisy. I dont need a lawyer an I also have a batcheldors in criminal justice. but thanks for your opinion. we have been clean-their not!! maybe I'll just sue the nieghbors for harrasment too.

M

marvel2

that's the problem with the world today.....everybody is looking to sue, wants to sue, and will do things to try to get to sue. Why are we so sue-happy? My best friend of thirteen years sued me over a used car worth about $700. We used to be very close. My mom even took her in for a year when she got pregnant in high school and her mom kicked her out. You can imagine that we are no longer friends!! She ruined a very good thing and by the way.....she lost the case. She lost the case and she lost a 13 year old friendship. To me it was hardly worth it. We lack communication. I think people need to be a little more calm and rational and try setting opinions aside and hold adult conversations to work out differences. If we did a little more of this we could all stay out of court.
Marvel PA

M

marvel2

Your welcome and thanks for your comments too.
Marvel PA

T

TimC

Can't the colledge be sood four knot edgeyoocayting itz gradjoowits on hou too spel "bachelor's"?

I would say that small claims court against the neighbors is the most reasonable solution. At least it allows for the least amount of time wasted in an argument that you are not likely to "win" one way or the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">