• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue the city or the insurance company!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blossomrx7

What is the name of your state? Washington State

My brother bought a home, fixed it up and rented it out but the city inspectors closed it down and evicted the tenants due to some exposed wires. The city claimed it was an emergency situation. My brother left the house uninhabited for over 8 month while waiting to fix the problems. During this time there were numerous breakins. My brother thought the insurance was covering his home including fire insurance. An arsenist finally burnt down the home without warning and the the insurance refused to pay anything. My brother feels cheated by the city for closing him down in the first place and secondly by the insurance company for not insurancing him as he thought. Who does he sue over this issue? Did the city have the right to close my brother down for only a few wires exposed?

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

blossomrx7 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State

My brother bought a home, fixed it up and rented it out but the city inspectors closed it down and evicted the tenants due to some exposed wires. The city claimed it was an emergency situation. My brother left the house uninhabited for over 8 months. During this time there were numerous breakins. My brother thought the insurance was covering his home but when a fire finally distroyed his house the insurance refused to pay anything. My brother feels cheated by the city for closing him down in the first place and secondly by the insurance company for not insurancing him as he thought. Who does he sue over this issue?
Himself, and I think he has a great case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">