• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue the ins or immigratio officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state?
My wife and I have followed all of the rules in order for her to stay in this country. We recently were stopped at a check point in marfa texas and held for 8 hours because they didn't understand immigration law. They said she was out of status and she absolutely was not. And on top of that we never even left the country. Now during our green card interview, they said she got a hit as having been arrested. She has never been arrested and everything is pending.

Are there any statutes for sueing the INS or immigration authorities for harassment or emotional distress. It has been a ridiculous nightmare. Our lawyer said you can't do anything but it just is out of control.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential