• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue University for wrongfully rescinding acceptance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kman1

I applied to a University for the Spring 2019 semester. They accepted, but took so long they did not accept me until the very month that classes began. With such a short amount of time I was not able to find living arrangements and could not attend for the Spring 2019 semester. I was informed all I had to do to transfer to the Fall 2019 semester was send them an email saying I'd like to switch semesters. Since I was already accepted, I bought a house which was worth a little over my life savings near campus. Shortly after however, they told me they were no longer accepting me due to my grades (3.0 student?) even though my grades had not changed since accepting me because I had not taken any more classes. This house costs everything I had and my main source of income is college because I am in the military.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I applied to a University for the Spring 2019 semester. They accepted, but took so long they did not accept me until the very month that classes began. With such a short amount of time I was not able to find living arrangements and could not attend for the Spring 2019 semester. I was informed all I had to do to transfer to the Fall 2019 semester was send them an email saying I'd like to switch semesters. Since I was already accepted, I bought a house which was worth a little over my life savings near campus. Shortly after however, they told me they were no longer accepting me due to my grades (3.0 student?) even though my grades had not changed since accepting me because I had not taken any more classes. This house costs everything I had and my main source of income is college because I am in the military.
The university didn't cause you to buy a house.

quincy

What is the name of your state?

A university can have space available for a spring start that is not available for the fall term.

adjusterjack

my main source of income is college because I am in the military.
How does that work out in dollars?

Could you still get the money if you found another college, even an online college.

You paid cash for the house? In that case you have no mortgage payments. Doesn't your military pay cover your expenses?

Anyway, as to your original question, no, you have no grounds for suing the university so forget about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">