• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue without a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geminiboa

I own a house and my next door neighbor has a tree on his property that touches our property line. The tree's roots have destroyed our driveway, uplifting the cement to pieces in many areas. I want to sue our neighbor for the cost of a new driveway, and to have the tree cut down, in order to insure this problem won't happen again. Can I win if I take him to small claims court and what evidence would I need in order to do so?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

I own a house and my next door neighbor has a tree on his property that touches our property line. The tree's roots have destroyed our driveway, uplifting the cement to pieces in many areas. I want to sue our neighbor for the cost of a new driveway, and to have the tree cut down, in order to insure this problem won't happen again. Can I win if I take him to small claims court and what evidence would I need in order to do so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">