• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sueing fro breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

captoro

I'M in South Carolina, if I add this to my contract:
''Company agrees to hold harmless the Developer against any and all claims, demands, suits or loss, including all costs connected therewith, and for any damages which may be asserted against the Company, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury or death and/or property damage, which arises out of or is in any way connected or associated with this contract."
I did not finish the job due to a lack of time. I asked for a full payment which I received. Now the client opened a case at Paypal to recover his money. Can I sue him at small claim for that amount or more because he did not respect the clause above ?

Captoro

TigerD

Contract writing/review is beyond the scope of an internet forum. You should bring your paperwork to a local attorney for review.

adjusterjack

That clause has to do with the "company" getting sued by a third party for something that you did or didn't do.

If you didn't finish the work, the customer is entitled to his money back, or part of it for whatever it takes to pay somebody else to finish the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">