• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suggestions please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Unleashed

What is the name of your state? Iowa
uggestions anyone
I went and seen this atty here in town yesterday and as usual I got the run around on this situation I have with my youngest son. He said as every other atty has said that it sounds as tho I have a case but I may have to get an atty in Colorado yada yada yada. However he did say that if I wanted to as by the sounds of it I could take the biological father to court and he could help me do that, but he couldn't wait till "we would win type of situation" to pay him as I may only wind up with some piece of paper from the courts saying the man would owe me without ever seeing a dime of it in which the case could also get very costly. But I still feel strongly that Colorado, Springs is more responsible and should be held responsible legally for the situation other than my son's father should be, as to me when this case hit the courts 14 yrs ago and my letter was submitted to the courts denying the fact this man had my consent, in which he didn't have my permission written nor verbal let alone did I even have any knowledge that he had taken this child to another state with no legal rights I feel El Paso county should have taken this into consideration, investigated it and set things right, even when they had that opportunity to take this back into the courts after making their final descion with all the reasons pointed out to the courts as to why the first guardian ad litem in the case suggested and submitted evidence into the courts as to the reason he believed that the case needed to reopened and maybe perhaps we wouldn't have such a screwed up mess now.
How is it right that the father of this child can sit back in some other state now that after 14 yrs of heart ache, pain, not even given the opportunity in that 14 yrs to know my son and the anger I have towards Colorado that left me feeling as tho I had been raped of my legal rights and he isn't even held responsible thru the state of Iowa for any kind of support for this child as Colorado held me accountable for because Iowa does not recognize the biological father as being the legal father because of some cliche in the law of Iowa stating because of their being a legal marriadge between me and some other man even tho we hadn't been together for however many yrs before James was born and because of this the law states that James was born into this legal binding marriadge therefore the Iowa laws looks upon James as being a child of this marriadge making the man I was married to even tho we were divorced 6 yrs after the case took place in Colorado Springs the legal father and legally responsible for support unless he would abolish his legal rights and as they told my ex husband when he was here that he would still be responsible for 14 yrs worth of back support for James.
So the man Colorado gave custody too, the same man that raised this child, the same man that denied me access to this child for 14 yrs, the same man that will recieve support payments that Troy the legal father and/or I pay in or money such as my TAXES or let alone Troys taxes that get taken for a child that isn't even according the IRS with the last name he was given thru Colorado a child that even exsist. But yet this man isn't and can't be held responsible for the same kind of support now that I have James because he didn't want him any more cause he couldn't handle him!! All because of some law that basically is protecting him thru the state of Iowa!! It don't make sence to me. How many people do you know that can basically having no legal rights kidnapp a child .. recieve custody, benifits and support, be founded for child abuse in not just Colorado but also now Iowa has founded him for the same abuse Colorado has him founded for and still be protected by the law because some other state didn't do their homework and investigate the situation in the very begining? Would it leave you angry? Cause it sure leaves me with a very bitter taste of anger to think that the system can be that screwed up.
I know some lawsuite can't give me back 14 yrs of my childs life Colorado helped to rob me of, but I would like to see justice served for the 14 yrs of pain and agony I and my family have went thru because of their decision. I think it's only right they should be held responsible for their actions and lack of investigating this situation when all the facts where laid out on the table in front of them.
Where do I go? Suggestions please, cause I really need a an atty that is skilled enough and not some small hick town atty that doesn't have the balls to tell me that he isn't skilled enough to take this case. I need an atty that has a great track record and I shouldn't have to go all the way to Colorado to have to obtain one I wouldn't think. There has to be some one out there somewhere I just don't where to look or I am looking in all the wrong places. Help if you have any information that may help guide me in the right direction., please!! I will be forever grateful. Yours truly

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
post on one of the active threads - this is an archive and not for new posts. Also - try and break your post up a bit so it's easier to read. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">