• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suggestions???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JaneyS4

What is the name of your state? GA but the child is in FL

Ok, talked to a couple of lawyers yesterday and the legitimization thing is in motion. As I said before, we are trying to do as much as possible on our own, to save money. That includes prep work for the custody hearing. So, I have a question to put to all of you.

The situation is this: At present mom is MIA. No one can find her (Including DFCS who is searching frantically due to her current pregnancy) and she has made no effort to contact anyone. Case worker told me (and I asked for a written statement too.) that should she fail to show for the custody hearing, her allotted time period to comply with her parenting plan that they set forth is up and they will reccomend to the judge that all her parental rights be terminated. We would very much like for this to happen, but it is now at the whim of a drug addict to show up or not. Or if DFCS finds her before then and reminds her she has four kids in foster care. :mad: So heres the question: Should we go ahead and write up our own idea of a parenting plan incase she does turn up in court and some insane judge decides to give her some rights? I've heard everyone on this site say that the more detailed the plan is, the better off everyone is in the long run. The thing that makes me hesitate is that I don't want to submit a plan to the judge and make him think that we are willing to just allow this woman any rights. We aren't. BUt if he says we must, then we'd like to at least have him consider our idea of visitation.

Am I making any sense at all? Should we wait and see what the judge says if she shows up in court about visitation, or should we have a plan ready to submit and hope he wasn't planning to give her less?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">