• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nesha5

What is the name of your state? Missouri.
My mother committed suicide in March. There was a life insurance policy and on the policy it stated that they would not pay out if it was a suicide (except in Missouri) when we sent in the paper work the insurance company stated that the policy that we had was not the right policy and that they had changed underwritter's since this policy went into effect. And then sent us a policy that should have been received years ago when it changed. There was no updated policy ever found in any of the paper work that we went through. This policy has been active since 1999. What do I do to get the insurance company to pay out? Does it sound like I need a lawyer???? What else can I do? :confused:
Also can we sue for more money for the propblems that we are having with this company? It's bad enough that we lost our mother to suicide and now we have to FIGHT an insurance company who as far as I'm concerned didn't take the proper steps to make sure that an updated policy had been sent out and received.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

I'm sorry for your loss. Consult with an attorney could give you some direction based on the records, you have, any amendments made over the years, you may be able to get them to honor the policy and or you may have a dause of action for bad faith. Was the COD suicide without any other factor?

Dandy Don

Do a search engine on www.google.com and see if there is a website for the Missouri State Insurance Commissioner (or look in your phone directory for an address or phone number) and file a complaint so that office can investigate this company on your behalf. Seems like they are very unfair to do a switcheroo at the last minute. Hope you do get some money from this tacky company.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">