• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a lawyer in a different state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trevor15

What is the name of your state? FL

Gave a lawyer $3,000+ to probate a land in SC.Then moved to FL.It's been 8+ years now and every time I call him he's got a different excuse why nothing has been finalized yet.
I'm quite tired of it and wanted to give him a last ultimatum but if nothing gets done again at least I would like to try to sue him in SCC to recover the money I gave him?
Can I file in SCC in SC if I live in FL and if yes- how do I go about it? online,paper?

PayrollHRGuy

8 years seem a very long time. I would suggest you hire a new lawyer to get the job done. This will also give you the opportunity and likely an opinion or at least information on if it was legally excessive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">