• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing Big Corp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ochiatl

Do I have a case?

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I ordered a computer from Dell on 09/27/02. They debited my checking account twice for 1002.18, once on 09/30 and again on 10/01. I called them on 10/3 when I found out. They returned the 1002.18 on 10/7, but by that time I had received $420 in overdrafts. It is now up to $780 plus $75 in fees from merchants that checks were returned to. Most of the NSF fees are from check card purchases that were under $10. I have been complaining to Dell and have faxed them my bank statements several times. Some of their reps have been very rude and nasty. I still have not been reimbursed for my fees. I have been unable to pay my bills for the past 3 weeks. My gas is about to be cut off. The fees would be worse if I had not been continously depositing funds which have been eaten up by the negative balances. Can I sue them for negligence, punitive damages and/or stress? Would it be better to retain counsel or to sue them in Magistrate court representing myself. I need my money back so that I can pay my bills.

Last edited:

ochiatl

Can anyone give me some insight on this issue? I am not really aware of how to handle this issue through the courts or if I really have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">