• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing me for ex husband debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AAsoccer

State - utah
Received a summons for medical debt my ex husband incurred last year while my son was living with him. They are stating it is my signature (it is not..it is my ex) for services. I remarried in 2012 and have had military tricare insurance since then. How should I respond? Call the attorney listed or email? Respond to the court?

AAsoccer

Was your son covered by Tricare at that time? Did Tricare pay anything?
Son was covered by tricare and if I would have known about the services it would have been covered. My ex also had insurance at the time and he says it would have been covered as well.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You may wish to contact the provider directly ASAP to discuss the matter. Since you have received a summons, time is of the essence. You will need to properly respond to the summons.

AAsoccer

Update....
Called the hospital where the medical debt came from and they do not show anything owing for myself OR my ex husband....nobody has any info for me. Do I dare contact this attorney?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Update....
Called the hospital where the medical debt came from and they do not show anything owing for myself OR my ex husband....nobody has any info for me. Do I dare contact this attorney?
What about for your son? It's your son's debt, with you and/or dad as the guarantor(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">