• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing me for ex husband debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcr229

He is a minor and the hospital that the debt supposably came from confirms there is no outstanding debt. It was paid.
Is the hospital suing you or is the plaintiff a debt collector? If the hospital sold the debt then that's why it would be showing as paid off in their system.

LdiJ

Is the hospital suing you or is the plaintiff a debt collector? If the hospital sold the debt then that's why it would be showing as paid off in their system.
While that's true, the hospital's records should show that it was sold off to a debt collector. The hospital should be able to confirm the original debt that was sold off.

AAsoccer

It is a collections agency that is suing me. However the hospital confirmed that the claim was paid by my ex husbands insurance company. The debt should be bull and void correct?

bcr229

Yes the debt should be paid. I would get that in writing from the hospital and send a copy to the attorney suing you. I would also plan on showing up to the hearing just in case the debt collector neglects to drop the case, because they're about as ethical as used car dealers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">