• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing Seller for Roof Repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrsJohnson

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Im suing the sellers of my home for roof repairs that were not done properly, which caused a lot of damage to the interior of my home.

Do I have a case under the Consumer Protection Law?

Also, we've been tied up in court for almost 2 years and my roof needs replacing ASAP before we get another bad winter. Will I still have a case against them if I decide to let a agency who will do it free, due to low income, put a new roof on?

Also, a third party defendant has been added to my case by the party that I am suing. Do they have any rights to request depositions and documents from me, as the plaintiff. I dont have a case against them, nor do they have a case against me.

Last, I read in the MCR, Michigan Court Rules, that MCR Rules 2.302 (A) (3) "Notwithstanding the provisions of this or any other rule, discovery is not permitted in actions in the smalls claims division of the district court or in civil infraction actions"
-I have a civil claim pending, so does this mean that discovery is not allowed in my case?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your answer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">