• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing USPS under FTCA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bokaba

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Federal/CA

I am planning to submit a claim under the Federal Torts Claims Act to the United States Postal Service. I have the SF-95 claim form, but there is no information about where to send it or how to submit it. Does anyone know the address where USPS receives legal documents?

OHRoadwarrior

At the post office.

253.2 General Instructions

Any postal employee who receives a completed tort claim form or other writing indicating that it is a claim should immediately stamp or write the date received on the claim and on any copies of the claim, and sign his or her name next to the date. The claim should then be forwarded to the district tort claims coordinator.

bokaba

Call me a skeptic, but given my past experiences, I would not trust a rank and file postal employee to file the paperwork as required let alone even be willing to accept the claim form. I found that the CFR provides the following address:

USPS National Tort Center
1720 Market Street, Room 2400,
St. Louis, MO 63155-9948

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">