• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

summary charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Penna.

I have two summary charges against me. After making a guilty plea I want to ask the policeman to drop one of those charges. Between the harrasment and the disorderly conduct, which would be better to ask for a dismissal on according to what amount my fine may be?


Well, if you plea guilty to both, the officer isn't going to withdraw either of them.

You could plead not guilty, request a hearing, and at the hearing ask the officer to withdraw one in exchange for a guilty plea to the other.

The penalties for the two are the same (up to $300 plus costs and/or 90 days in jail).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential