• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

summary judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbziegler

What is the name of your state? NC

My husbands ex-wife refuses to take his name off of the house they owned together. His name is on the deed, and the mortage. They have been fighting it out between the attorney's. Her next move was for him to answer five questions as to which he replied to. Now his attorney is in court for a summary judgement that has been taken against him. And our attorney does not seem to know what this is. So I was hoping someone else did. Thank you hopefully this will help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sbziegler said:
What is the name of your state? NC

My husbands ex-wife refuses to take his name off of the house they owned together. His name is on the deed, and the mortage. They have been fighting it out between the attorney's. Her next move was for him to answer five questions as to which he replied to. Now his attorney is in court for a summary judgement that has been taken against him. And our attorney does not seem to know what this is. So I was hoping someone else did. Thank you hopefully this will help

My response:

Why is this question in the Small Claims forum?

IAAL

S

spike1951

At 9:00am tomorrow: get a new attorney

If your lawyer does not know what a Summary Judgement is, get a new one tomorrow.

A Summary Judgement is when you or the other party ask the judge to make a decision or ruling based on the things that you agree upon. That is probably the reason for the 5 questions. I am not a lawyer but had a Summary Judgment moved against me.

Again, get a new lawyer

Spike

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">