• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summer visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

Here is the thing is last year he requested the week that she was having surgery so she wouldn’t of been able to care for the kids anyways and she fought him on that. And she did not allow him to get another week. Current custody is father gets kids EOW. And two non consecutive weeks in the summer. Holidays are agreed upon every year between the both of them. They were on good terms when this was set up and established so that is why it is so vague. Now they still co-parent okay until they disagree with each other. So this year when we have plans and have given her plenty notice she now has plans that week.
When was he advised of the week of surgery?

Are you saying dad notified mom of selected weeks BEFORE she notified him of her plans for that week?

t74

The best way to help your DH is to set up a file for him in which he keeps detailed records of communications and dates of and activities during the physical custody of the child. The calendar should include dates visitation was requested and copies of the communication doing so a well as mom's responses. Remind him to use written requests and keep copies.

GeneralZod

The best way to help your DH is to set up a file for him in which he keeps detailed records of communications and dates of and activities during the physical custody of the child. The calendar should include dates visitation was requested and copies of the communication doing so a well as mom's responses. Remind him to use written requests and keep copies.
Going off of the suggestion above, I use a program called "TalkingParents(dot)com"
It costs me something like $4 a month (because I use the paid service). It can be free if the person wants it to be (minus some bells and whistles)
This keeps a record of all email communications between you and the other person.
It keeps record when the other person views the communication
There is a calendar for your records
There is a journal for your records.
In Texas, this is admissible in court for record keeping.

I think that it requires the other person to agree to use it as well... (not 100% sure on that) but if you can get that person to agree... it would alleviate many issues.

Just a suggestion.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Going off of the suggestion above, I use a program called "TalkingParents(dot)com"
It costs me something like $4 a month (because I use the paid service). It can be free if the person wants it to be (minus some bells and whistles)
This keeps a record of all email communications between you and the other person.
It won't help the OP at all.
That's no universal - it's at the court's discretion. Additionally, the matter is not related to Texas. That's not to say that the court wouldn't accept it.

I think that it requires the other person to agree to use it as well... (not 100% sure on that) but if you can get that person to agree... it would alleviate many issues.
The court may order it...then no "agreement" is required.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Just a suggestion.
Wait - does that answer the question?

GeneralZod

That's no universal - it's at the court's discretion. Additionally, the matter is not related to Texas. That's not to say that the court wouldn't accept it.
I hear that... and that is why I added the text "In Texas".
That still does not take away from the program itself and "should be" as admissible as generalized record keeping (note books).

For a free program ($4 or something like that for the paid version), it is a viable suggestion.

Thank you

t74

Wait - does that answer the question?
OP is trying to help her DH. He should be taking care of business, but if he is like many people, not just men, they don't document the details. If mom is denying dad visitation requested in a timely manner or scheduling activities during the time dad had requested, a calendar is needed to demonstate the problem. Dad can do the communicating as he apparently is doing, and step-mom can make sure he attends to the documentation. Dad can than get on the forum with his questions.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OP is trying to help her DH. He should be taking care of business, but if he is like many people, not just men, they don't document the details. If mom is denying dad visitation requested in a timely manner or scheduling activities during the time dad had requested, a calendar is needed to demonstate the problem. Dad can do the communicating as he apparently is doing, and step-mom can make sure he attends to the documentation. Dad can than get on the forum with his questions.
LOL t - that was specifically addressed to Zod. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">