• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons con't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lds454

What is the name of your state? fl

hi,
this is a continuation of the above reference to "summons"...

I have just spoken to the attorney for the plaintiff and we agreed to a very amiable payoff schedule-

I asked him about doing the "PRO SE" to answer the summons and said that it was not necessary because we mutually signed a "Stipulation for Settlement", and that as long as I kept up to my agreement nothing more is required.

Does this sound right?

A

a neighbor

WOW, good question!

Do you have a copy of the agreement?

I myself would do at least one of 2 things:

A) call the clerk of the court or maybe even the attorney and ask does this close the case.

B) If I had a copy of agreement, I may even submit it to the court (pretty style) and ask that the case be dismissed due to the agreement. I'm thinking the attorney should be doing that.

But, don't get caught with your pants down, make sure that either the case is closed/dismissed (don't take his word for it, call the court), and you don't have to appear. Or be sure and be there the day that the case is to be heard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">