• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons for Car Sale !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djchoices

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? north carolina
ok today i received a court summons from a guy i delivered a car to on the behalf of a friends dealership
that was sold on 12/14/14 the summons states that the car was sold to him with issues.
but he test drove the car before the purchase and signed a bill of sale and a as-is form with all the dealership info on it
and a paper saying i was an employee of the seller delivering the car not the seller or owner but the summons
has only my name on it. does he have a case being he sign a as-is form and by me not being the owner of the dealership
how can he summons me and sue me for the money is that possible?

OHRoadwarrior

Sure it is possible. The question is whether it is likely to succeed. I would motion for dismissal on the basis of the purchase being as is with a second motion for lack of standing as you were not the previous owner before even going to court.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Sure it is possible. The question is whether it is likely to succeed. I would motion for dismissal on the basis of the purchase being as is with a second motion for lack of standing as you were not the previous owner before even going to court.
Actually, if he is telling the truth about everything, then he shouldn't even address the "as is" situation. He should simply file for a dismissal based on the fact that he was not the seller...he was only the delivery person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">