• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons for not executing requirements of the cabinet of ministers no 279

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglivingfree

I am a UK citizen, driving through Latvia on my European vacation, when a car appeared super close to my offside I was in the process of making a turn when we collided. No damage to my car but was small damage to the Latvians car. We exchanged details and she said she had called the police and her brothers to come down. I’m not weak but my thought of a Latvian policeman and two big guys could be a little dangerous so I got out of there! The lady was fine and her car was drivable so left, which in the UK is what you can do. Now I have a court summons for Latvia because there you have to stay still and not move the car till a policeman arrives. I think she said they were gonna be the in 3 hours. Just want to figure out the best course of action as I am now 8000 miles from Latvia I don’t fly on planes and really don’t have enough money to hire a lawyer. I’m finding it very hard to find legal aid for this situation. Please any help would be mostly appreciated.

FlyingRon

We only handle US law here. Alas the only UK law site I had to refer you, ceased to exist under the new data security regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">