• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervipchicago you locked your thread.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I've copied the post here:

"What should i do if my ex has stopped see my 12 years old son for almost 3 years??

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS
I haven't seen my son for almost 3 years and i have back payment on child support. I recently filed for visitation rights and recalculation of my child support. For child support reason my driver license was suspended as well. What should i expect from the court What should i provide ? WHat it will happen? I used to make child support and then she stopped me from talking or seeing my son so i stopped paying I know is not the right thing now but will the court consider in my advantage her stopping seeing my son even tho we have share custody??
thanks for your time and consideration"

You are correct - stopping child support was not a good thing. You basically punished your child for Mom's actions - not smart, and it will be frowned upon by the court.

With regards to Mom not allowing you to see your son, what did you do about this?

How many times did you attempt to go get him? Did you file police reports? File contempt?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">