• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervised visits in my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strikerbiker

What is the name of your state? New York
My question is very serious. My husband has not lived with us for 3 years because of his mental problems, violence, substance abuse. I was awared full sole legal and physical custody of our 3 year old. He was awarded supervised visits. The 3 year old went through surgery and is recovering. The Judge said he can have his supervised visits in my home. Now the regular supervisor is not available. The back ups are not available. Everyone says since I picked these people it is my, problem they are not available. What am I to do let him in my house with out a supervisor. Besides he has been pulling all his games again. Trying to cut our money, stopped paying creditors, etc. Then just filed a outragous full of lies divorce against me. He is to have a visit this Saturday since no one is available and I am very unsafe feeling around him do I have to let him in?:confused:

Grace_Adler

I'm afraid you have to since it's a court order and it's his time. I mean you could refuse but if you do you will be considered in contempt of a court order. Isn't there anyone that can come over while he visits?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">