• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supplemental action after final order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I (plaintiff) received a final order dividing house/bank accounts/debts etc. in South Carolina January 3,2001. The order stated that "defendant (husband) lives in former marital home and accumulated marital property has not been divided to either party's satisfaction. Both parties shall cooperate to effect equitable division of marital property...". While he has fulfilled his obligation to buy out my interest in the home, he refuses to cooperate with division of property. Once he gave me a few small things but not half in quantity or quality. My lawyer has sent many lettters and I have sent over 50 emails trying to resolve this yet he refuses to cooperate. (As of Jan. 3rd, he no longer has a lawyer.) Because he has drawn this out for 4 months I can no longer afford to pay an attorney and I cannot afford to buy all the items I need to establish a home of my own (bed, mattress, dishes, kitchenwares, towels, pillows, sheets,...) I want to seek relief in court to obtain half of the accumulated marital property and attorney fees accrued in the 4 months trying to work this out with him. I would accept cash as opposed to actual items. What form do I file to get a date in family court? Where can I get a template of it? What papers do I 'serve' him and how? What general strategy do you advise?

Additional info:
I abandonned the home because I feared for my well-being - our divorce will be final 9/15/01 - he settled twenty minutes before entering the courtroom on his attorney's advice who did not know until then that I had proof of drug use and financial dishonesty which are what brought me to the point of divorce- since the January 3rd settlement he has moved his girlfriend into the house where they continue to party late & loud much to the neighbors' distress. His girlfriend is also married and going through divorce. She has just lost custody of her 2 children due to partying and living with a married man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential