• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supplemental Policy Has A Lein On It ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

manyconcerns

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
How can a non profit hospital put a lein on a supplemental policy I paid for weekly?The insurance company I have it with has never heard of this but they playing along with the hospital..What can I do???Its been almost 2 years now.:confused:

B

bowler87

Do you have primary insurance? Like a group plan? Has a lien been filed on group plan?

What are provisions of supplemental policy?
$4000 medical payment due to accident? Or auto med-pay?

Has your group plan paid most of bill? Do you expect balance to be paid by supplemental, and the residual to be sent to you?

I would ask both companies for detailed explanations of status of claim. Then those letters will be basis for further discussion.

I am not an attorney
Department of Insurance, Consumer Advocdate, retired

I will check back for your reply

M

manyconcerns

about the policy

I had the policy thru AFLAC I had 9 to be correct.Out of the 9 the Hospital only held a lein on my ICU Policy for $10,000 payable to me, as I had another policy same kind from another company and they paid me, they said in plain english they were full of BS and paid me .The hospital knows they paid and never once went after them.Its a 2 state issue.I lived in one state(Miss) and was treated in another(TN) I did not go to Tn for treatment I was flown their unaware.Now under Miss laws they do NOT up hold hospital leins,Tn does,I worked, paid for and bought the poilcys in Miss, and had the wreck in Miss.My medical bills are over a little of about $400,000 right now I am going thru the Disability wait with the state,if I get that the medical bills will be paid for thru state .At the time I was paying for medical insurance, but my employer was changing companys and neither wanted or would let me use the medical insurance(grace period)This policy is for the time I was in a comma and for broken bones i recieved.Its a mess.The owner of the car could not be held liable due to a parent tort law so all his insurance paid was the $50,000 which 1/3 went to me , 1/3 to lawyers, and 1/3 in escrow for a court to say you gets it the hospital or me.Everyone seems to have a loop hole to get thru for not paying this matter.No I was not at all at fault for this wreck, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Sorry if you dont understand it , lol, no one seems to ..Things could of been worse I know this . Thanks for your time.

B

bowler87

You were injured seriously in an auto accident.

And your attorney settled for policy limits?

Did you realize that the company had already decided to pay the $50,000 as soon as they heard of the extent of your injuries?

All the attorney had to do was give them his address and spell his name so they could send the check to him!!

I hope your attorney explored this a little more---was the driver a 15 year old crimminal or a 23 year old college student?
Will he ever have an income?

Are you certain that you have no cause of action against the parent/driver ? Ask another attorney.

M

manyconcerns

bowler87 said:
You were injured seriously in an auto accident.

And your attorney settled for policy limits?

Did you realize that the company had already decided to pay the $50,000 as soon as they heard of the extent of your injuries?

All the attorney had to do was give them his address and spell his name so they could send the check to him!!

I hope your attorney explored this a little more---was the driver a 15 year old crimminal or a 23 year old college student?
Will he ever have an income?

Are you certain that you have no cause of action against the parent/driver ? Ask another attorney.
1 yes i was hurt very bad doctors say their is no medical reason they know why i made it.I have tried for 2 yrs and to many surgery to mend my body that wont work nor will I not get back.I filed for disabilty on this terms and was turned down the first time.I had a F150 come thru my winshied and crush the whole left side of my body and the headlight ripped open my head on the right side, which left me with memory loss,seizures,panic attacks, anxiet attacks,depression,lost the use of my left arm, elbow was totally gone had 6 surgerys on it and on my last one the nerve grew into the bone which i was having and still do have massive bone growth in that area,no feeling in pinky nor ring finger, TMJ, back pain(broke a few) low blood pressue, blur vision.I have had my jaws wired, my head and face is totally redone and full of metal,I have rods, pins, plates...
2nd ? Under Miss laws the lovely parent tort law yes thats all.
3rd you will love this they lost the check for mths.the kids lawyer did he was sent to him 5 days after the wreck from the insurance company.
4 -we had 1 miss. law firm and 2 tenn. law firms on this case.
5- the driver he had just turned 18 by 12 days and yes he was in his dads truck, they had been in a fight to wait for the weather to pass this happened in April (15 minute april showers) he wouldnt wait ran out in the rain with a 3 foot visiablity and took off went 327 feet and came thru my windshield.All he got was a broken ankle and did make graducation 9 days later..They did find steriods in his system but that was ok by a doctor for use.
6- I am sure he will have a income his daddy is a well known vet with commercial land worth alot more than my medical bills.
That parent tort law protects the parents..the law is clear let your minor child have your car and if they hurt or kill anyone while driving you the parent can not be held for it..Now in Tenn its not at all like that.......And another thing he did not get 1 ticket his uncle was the cop at the wreck that made the report...
I know the hopsital could write this bill off and they do many bills.I am happy for what they did, but this is not the doctors i am dealing with here, they put a lein on all my assests i had that removed fast...I am sure you know the game better than me..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">